Time To Update The Family Picture

     As any parent of children in their 20s can tell you, it is a rarity to have everyone under one roof. I have three kids, and even when they come home, they are never home. There's always that friend that they have to catch up with. Spending time with parents is often an afterthought, and that's OK. I get it.


     Well, as it turns out, I'm going to have all my kids at home again, at least for a little while, and I couldn't be happier! My husband and I experienced an empty nest for about 4 month, and I did not like it. The house was so quiet. I mean, my husband and I did enjoy having the car to ourselves, and there was no fighting for the TV, but I really missed my kids! I like my kids and now that they're adults I like the conversations we get into. I like the people they have become. I just like having them around.

     It has been a couple of  years since I was able to get all of us in front of a camera for a family picture, so it is definitely time for an update. They probably won't like taking the time to sit for a portrait, but that's OK, they'll do it for me (like I said, they're good kids). And 30 years from now  they'll be glad they have that picture, so will their kids, and eventually their grand-kids, because it freezes them in time. In that portrait, they will always be 20-something.

     It's important to catch this one moment in time, if only for your future selves. When was the last time you had your family portrait done?

Comments