Because You're Beautiful!



“But I don’t look good in pictures!” I hear that from women a lot. Every time my sister-in-law would come for a visit I would ask her to come to my studio to take her picture. What I usually got back was the side eye. You know, that look that says I hear you, but maybe if I just sit here and not say anything, you might forget, and I’ll be off the hook. Only, I didn’t forget because I knew I could show her how beautiful she is. 

Most women forget how beautiful they are, especially as we age. We stand in front of the mirror and pick ourselves apart. We see every “flaw”, the bags under the eyes, the wrinkles, the freckles. “My eyes are too small, nose is too big, and my teeth are crooked.” We show no mercy to the woman staring back at us. But, the thing is, that is not how the world sees us. Think about it, when you meet someone, what is it about them you remember? We walk away thinking, “She was so funny”, or, “She was so sweet”, or, “We had such a good conversation”. It is usually not how someone looks that makes an impression on you, but what’s in their soul. That is what I try to capture with my camera, your beautiful soul. I let you see yourself how the world sees you.

Because she loves me, my sister-in-law finally let me drag her in front of my camera. I think she is glad she did. She’s so beautiful! Don’t you agree?



Comments