Do what you love...

   "What kind of photographer are you?" That is usually the second question I get asked after, "What do you do?" Every photographer has their specialty. People automatically think about photographers for special events such as weddings, and Sweet 16's,  that is usually the bread and butter of a lot of photography businesses. There are many other types of photography one could specialize in. If you love the outdoors, you could hone your skills on landscape photography. If you love animals, you could be a pet photographer, and if you like to have people's mouth water when they look at your pictures, you could be a food photographer. Me? I like working with people, so portraits are my thing. Although I do photograph small weddings and events, I specialize in family, head shot and glamour photography.



Families are fun to work with for two reasons. First, as a former elementary school teacher, I miss working with children, and second, I love to capture that one moment in time. I always think of my pictures as legacy's, images that will be passed down from generation to generation. They will bring back memories when looked at of who each person was the day the image was taken. That's pretty cool.


Head shots are your introduction to the world - literally!  A psychiatrist may want to appear as though they're good listeners. An actor may want to appear serious. A business man may want to portray his professional side, or a woman may want to show her fun side for a dating site. My job is to listen to how each client wants to be seen, and then capture the essence of who they are. 

Glamour photography is my passion because I love to make women feel beautiful - especially women who can't see their beauty. I love the challenge of a woman who tells me that she hates herself in pictures, then I get to show her how beautiful she is in images. One of the best compliments I ever got was that I don't just photograph a person, but I capture their soul.


It's really true that when you do what you love, you'll never work a day in you life. Making people look good in pictures, well, that's what I love!  Let me bring out the best in you...

Comments