Mother's Day

The past few years Mother's Days have been bittersweet for me. My kids have always tried to make the day special, but I'm reminded of my mom, who died 6 years ago. Boy, do I miss her!

I was so lucky to have her as my mom, and my kids were lucky to have her as a grandma. How she would spoil them. It was amazing to see her change. My children could get away with things I know I would have been killed for when I was little. I remember saying to her, "who are you, and what have you done with my mom?" I guess that's one of the perks of being a grandparent.

Love was not in short supply in my family, and I know my mom knew that I loved her, but I don't know if she knew how much I appreciated all she taught me. One of the most important lessons was how to be a mother. I couldn't have asked for a better role model.


Happy Mother's Day Mom...I miss you.

Comments