Where Are All Of Your Family Pictures?


This is a picture of my Aunt and her son. When they came for Thanksgiving a few years ago, I took this portrait:


I took a few more images in different poses, edited the pictures, and then forwarded all the digital images to them. They loved them and intended to print copies, but time past, and they were forgotten about, parked in the digital abyss. Out of sight, out of mind.

This past Thanksgiving my aunt was looking through one of my portfolio books and came across this picture. She had forgotten I had taken it! She really liked the portrait and wanted a copy. Of course I said, "Sure." Well in the short time before she left, I took the photo out of my portfolio, matted the picture, and mounted it in a frame as a gift. She loved it, as did her son Rob. Now she gets to see at that picture everyday -  something she loves.

This is why you get a print with every portrait I take, and not just the digital image. Prints will be around years from now, being past down from generation to generation. Will you still be able to find your digital images?

Comments